There really is nothing easier than no bake cheesecakes! They take maximum 15 minutes to make and require no baking skills as such, just the ability to combine ingredients in a bowl !
As much as I love rich, indulgent chocolate baked goodies, with summer around the corner I wanted to bake something refreshing and a little lighter. This easy, no-bake cheesecake perfectly combines the flavours of fresh passionfruit and mango on a crunchy biscuit base for a delicious dessert that is perfect for summer.
The mango curd is so good you could probably just eat out of a bowl with a spoon, but combined with the fresh passionfruit cheesecake filling it really does create a match made in heaven, and might make you feel better about yourself.
I tend to prepare the cheesecake a day ahead and chill in the fridge overnight – the flavours of the filling will soak through and will give it an extra special taste.
For the cheesecake base
250 gram cookies of your choice, I’ve used digestives
100 gram butter
For the cheesecake filling
500 gram cream cheese
1 lemon (juice + zest)
250 ml cream
50 ml water
6 gelatin leaves
2 tablespoons sugar
For the mango curd
1 – 15 ounce, very ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
½ cup sugar
3 tablespoons lime juice
4 large egg yolks
pinch of salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- Start making cookie crumbs, you can use a food processor, blender or even a rolling-pin to do so. Melt butter in a small sauce pan and mix them together with your cookie crumbs.
- Coat a spring form with butter and press the cookie crumbs into the form to create a very easy pie crust. Place in the refrigerator until the filling is ready.
- Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water.
- Heat water, sugar and juice of half a lemon in a small sauce pan. Turn down the heat when the gelatin leaves are soft, squeeze the water out of them and dissolve in the water and sugar mixture. Use a whisk to reach a smooth mix and let it cool off to room temperature.
- Use a standmixer or handmixer to make a smooth filling.
- Combine cream cheese, cream, lemon zest and pulp of 3 passionfruit.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese filling.
- Scoop the filling into the spring form, refrigerate while you make the mango curd topping.
- For the mango curd, place mango, sugar, lime juice, and salt in your food processor and blend until smooth. Add egg yolks and puree another 15 seconds. At this point, you can strain the mixture through a fine sieve and remove all the little mango bits, which in turn will make your curd much more translucent and shiny. (I skipped this step. Why? Because I couldn’t find my strainer. Still turned out wonderfully though.)
- Place the mixture in a medium metal or glass bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Whisk puree constantly until temperature reaches 170 F and has thickened. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter one piece at a time.
- Let cool a little on the counter, then top the cheesecake with a thin layer of the curd, place the rest in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- Let the cheesecake refrigerate for around 3 hours or until firm – I tend to let it set overnight !
Serve with extra passionfruit pulp and if desired you can add some whipped cream and/or decorations of your choice. I’ve used a combination of macarons, meringue kisses, cream and edible flowers.
Happy Baking x