I love cheesecakes, and as well as being really popular at the moment they're seriously easy to make! This recipe is for all of the Nutella lovers out there, the chocolate-y biscuit base and crunchy pieces of Kinder Bueno add texture to the creamy, indulgent Nutella cheesecake filling.
Using full-fat cream cheese is 100% needed to make sure it sets, but if you would rather use a lower fat one be careful when you mix so that it doesn’t split. A final thing to note is that it needs to set in a dish as it won’t hold itself!
If you're not a fan of Nutella this can be substituted with Cadburys chocolate spread or 250g melted chocolate of your choice! Just let it cool slightly before adding to the mixture of cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence.
If it looks like your cheesecake is too sloppy or won't set then don't panic, try it anyway and if after being refrigerated it still hasn't set then try putting it in the freezer for more of an ice cream style cheesecake!
For the biscuit base
300g digestive biscuits
150g melted butter
For the cheesecake filling
2 x 280g full fat Philadelphia cream cheese
100g icing sugar
300ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
Kinder bueno chocolate bars, chopped
Kinder bueno chocolate bars
Melted dark/ white/ milk chocolate
200ml double cream
- To make the Base – Blitz the biscuits in a food processor (or crush in a bag with a rolling pin!) and mix with the melted butter.
- Press down into an 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin – refrigerate for now.
- With an electric stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or a hand held electric whisk) Whisk the Cream Cheese, Vanilla, Icing Sugar and Nutella until smooth – this should only take a minute or so.
- Pour in the double cream and whisk on a medium level until its thick and holds itself completely! You will know when its done as it it won’t thicken any more! (Note – It's better for it to be under whipped rather than over whipped so don’t over whip it)
- Fold through the chopped up Kinder Bueno and spread the mixture evenly over the biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, remove from the cake tin carefully. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and then whip the double cream and pipe onto the cheesecake. Decorate with pieces of Kinder Bueno chocolate!
Happy baking! x